In a move that caused Lord of the Rings fans everywhere to sound their horns of Gondor, it was announced on October 15, 2010 that Peter Jackson would be DIRECTING both upcoming Hobbit films in addition to his roles writing and producing! Guillermo del Toro was previously slated to direct the prequel before unexpected delays caused him to pull out of the project prematurely (that's what she said), though he will still be involved in the screenwriting (guess the burden was too much to bear, huh, Guillermo? C'mon, if Frodo can climb the jagged cliffs of Mount Doom with the One Ring 'round his neck, I'm pretty sure you can learn to multitask! But, hey, I ain't complainin'...).
![]() |
| HAPPY PJ Photo by Natasha Baucas via Creative Commons |
The Wife and I are avid LOTR fans. Ok, maybe "avid" doesn't quite cut it. We're straight up fiends. We LOVE us some Rings. We have seen the movies way too many times and can quote practically every line from "the world is changed" all the way to "I'm back." We randomly break out in Gollum voices while doing the dishes (that might be more "me" and not "we"...). We have matching "Team Samwise" tattoos (ok...maaaybe not). In fact, every year, we have a LOTR tradition that involves an entire day of....ok, you know what, I'll save that for another post. After all, wouldn't want to exhaust ALL my dorkdom in this post alone...

No comments:
Post a Comment