Long and short: Cop tells (drunk?) girl to leave metro station, then subsequently tackles her as she's on her way out. All caught on tape.
Would LOVE to be in the courtroom when she presents the footage to the judge.
(WARNING: this video contains graphic footage of police brutality and a booty shot)
Abuse of power/unnecessary brutality or proper police action?
OR just a cop coppin' a feel?
COMMENTS?? Let's hear 'em!!
I love how they train cops in America to repeat the phrase "STOP RESISTING" during an arrest so they can routinely add the resisting arrest charge when it's shown that the actual arrest was completely groundless.
ReplyDeleteVery...angry. Despite the narrative on the youtube page, there is nothing in the video that would appear to legitimatize the use of force here. Instead, it looked like what could best be described as "power-tripping casual brutality". This is, of course, why there's such a lurch toward criminalizing photos and videos of police. I'd be very curious to hear if there are more details.
ReplyDelete(Oh, and I think the bestest thing ever would have been for an ACLU lawyer walking by to drop his card in her lap. I would pay a bazillion dollars to see the look on the cops face.)