Walked into the locker room yesterday and there, amidst the display of partiall/totally naked old men (don't be jealous) was this guy who could have just walked off the set of Sopranos. He had all the goods: well-rounded gut, big facial features, combed jet black hair with a grey streak running down the middle (kind of a reverse Pauly Walnuts kinda thing), gold chain, that "whaddyoulookinat???" expression permashmeared on his face. I was waiting to see if he would pull out a bright red track suit or something comparably stylish before I remembered that, mafia guy in your sites or not, it's just not good form to stare at half-naked dudes in the locker room of a gym. Well, then again, I guess it all depends on the gym...
ANYHOOO, I decided that particular day wasn't a good day to tempt fate, so I turned around only to find myself face-to-face with a man that bore an uncanny resemblance to his Holiness the Dalai Lama. Now, if you're like me and your exposure to Dalai Lamas consists primarily of having seen Seven Years In Tibet once or twice and some pictures on the internet, then this would have been an equally exciting experience for you (i.e. there is a small chance that this guy may not have looked that much like the Lama in actuality, but was a spitting image to the untrained eye). Again, it wasn't exactly most optimal time to verify my theory--namely, that he WAS the 14th Dalai Lama, himself. But, I swear, slap some red and yellow robes on this guy and you'd have the sweaty spiritual leader of Tibet in MY locker room!
And then I thought, "hmm...wonder why the Dalai Lama goes to Lakeforest Sport & Health? Does he get a discounted rate, being of reincarnated status and all? Or does he just like racquetball? I bet he lifts. Yeah...he totally lifts..."
Yup. Good times.
No comments:
Post a Comment