I was driving down the ol' highway today when someone driving a less-than-amazingly preserved once-gold Honda Accord from what had to be the early 90s cut me off. It was definitely their bad...I was going the speed limit(ish), they decided to scoot over a lane at the last second without signaling...I was totally "in the right" and they were totally "in the wrong." (excessive use of quotes, much?)
So, I was particularly perplexed when the driver of said beautiful golden Honda HONKED AND THEN FLICKED ME OFF! Wha?? REALLY?? Haven't check the books in a while, but I'm fairly certain that societal norms delegate the right of bird distribution to the cutoffee, not the cutoffer. In what unevolved, crusty, cottage cheese-filled part of that person's mind did they feel entitled to get angry at me, the law abiding traveler?
I continued down the road in awe of both the situation and their car, itself, deciding to let this one go instead of following my heart, slamming my foot down on the gas, and playing "fender make-out session" with my golden friend. Your welcome, whoever you are. You're welcome.
oh my do i have stories abo crazy drivers. only twice was my ego served when the idiots made their move with a cop around. ah such glorious revenge!
ReplyDeleteThere ain't NOTHIN' better than watching a dumbass driver get pulled over right after pissing you off...ahhhhhhhh :) It's times like that I believe in karma. And the police.
ReplyDelete