Busted Ts Ad

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Old Ass Audiobooks

I started a post a while back called "Old Ass Audiobooks."  It contained only those three words.  Coming back to it now, I have absolutely NO idea about what I wanted to write regarding old ass audiobooks at that time.  Frankly, if anyone has any ideas, I'm open to them.  I mean, I like audiobooks enough...in fact, I listened to the entire Harry Potter series on tape (i.e. mp4) while going through my "elliptical phase" at the gym a few years back (I promised myself and various others that I would, under no circumstances, read those ridiculous books after the hype grew to biblical proportions...but I happened to end up loving the movies, so I figured going audio-rogue was a respectable enough loophole).  But, as for "old ass" audiobooks...yeah, I'm at a complete loss.

Speaking of "on tape," however, does anyone else still use the verb "tape" to describe the act of recording a tv show? (that wasn't rhetorical...I really want to know)  Just the other day, I reminded myself to tape The Office.  Using my DVR, of course.  But for some reason my brain--which, apparently, stopped developing at some point during the late-20th century--has yet to fully accept "DVR" into its vernacular.  Oh, I have set the DVR.  I have watched shows via the DVR.  I have rewound live television and searched the cable listings using my DVR.  But what act does the DVR perform when it is set to record a show, according to my Fraggle Rock/Saved By the Bell/Thundercats-infused brain?  It tapes.  Oh well.  Took long enough for my brain to translate "mix tape" into "playlist," so I'm not holding my breath for this one.

1 comment:

  1. Regarding the Office, you can just watch it at NBC.com pretty much the next day.

    Regarding this blog:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVVZaZ8yO6o

    Honestly, the song writing here so much more awesome-r than Lady Gaga...

    ReplyDelete