Busted Ts Ad

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Shooting at the University of Texas

Shots rang out in the University of Texas today as a masked gunman walked through campus, firing randomly until he entered the school library and turned the AK-47 on himself.  Thankfully, no one else was injured.  But the incident was tragic none-the-less and drew up memories of the 1966 Texas Tower shooting where 14 were killed and over 30 wounded.  Both events are examples of occurrences that just...BAFFLE me.  I don't know when it became acceptable to even contemplate taking action of this kind.  People have been doing crazy things throughout history, but bringing a gun to a school and opening fire is so far beyond the pale... 

Naturally, I had the same feelings when the shootings at Columbine went down.  Just utter bewilderment at how one can fathom the idea of resorting to such reprehensible activity.  Listen, I can understand being in a bad spot emotionally/psychologically...I'm definitely not mitigating the intensity of those situations, believe you me.  Nevertheless, it makes my heart heavy to think that people can and continue to entertain the senseless killing of innocent, unwitting students as a viable option.  How did this happen???

I feel like if I wasn't so generally optimistic I would lose my faith in humanity with a frightening quickness.  Sheesh...

http://www.aolnews.com/crime/article/shots-fired-at-university-of-texas-campus-gunman-dead/19651642

No comments:

Post a Comment