Busted Ts Ad

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

I'd be more than happy to help you...

Ladies and gentlemen of the world, please tell me you're with me on this one...

Can we all come together in agreement that companies can stop instructing their phone-based customer support staff to give the obligatory "I'd be more than happy to help you with that today" response?  It's to the point where I don't just get irritated upon hearing it, but suffer a visceral response akin to that of someone flicking my ear.  If the "more than happy" statement really meant anything, I wouldn't be so opposed.  But, really...do I run the risk of saying something with which you [yup, now I'm talking to the customer service rep] will NOT be happy to help me?  Should I feel better after hearing confirmation of your eager willingness to help with my problem, although nothing in your tone indicates you could possibly give two shits about why I called?  The lack of concern is transparent...but that's O.K.  I get it.  We all do.  You don't want to be there.  We don't want to be calling you.  So can we just dispense with the pleasantries and have a semi-cordial conversation that saves both time and temperament and concludes with my problem being solved by you, the person meant to solve it???

Ommmmmmmmm....

No comments:

Post a Comment