Busted Ts Ad

Friday, July 22, 2011

The Morning Grind

HAAAAAAAATE IT.  Just hate it.  When you're about to turn onto the main road of your commute and you juuuuuust miss that great window of opportunity where you could have been the only one on the road, coasting along at a nice, safe, speedy clip, facilitating an early (or, at the very least, on-time) arrival at your destination...free of stress, anxiety, and road rage...

But, no.  You miss the window and now have to wait for a line of cars, 20 strong, all driven by low-riding blue-haired grannies who'd rather kill their own precious grandchildren than dare press their damned, discolored, orthopaedic shoes down on that FREAKIN' GAS PEDAL any harder!!  WHY???  Why won't you drive faster, Ethel????  Does it make your dentures vibrate uncomfortably???   ARE YOU AFRAID YOU MIGHT, IN THE UNTHINKABLE SCENARIO IN WHICH YOU ACTUALLY HIT 27 MPH,  CAREEN OFF THE ROAD INTO AN ERRANT DITCH WHERE YOUR CAR WILL BURST INTO FLAMES, IGNITING BOTH YOUR CURLER-LADEN MOP AND FLUORESCENT, BIRD-PATTERNED MUUMUU??  WHY??!?!!!

As you may have guessed, I missed my window this morning.  I started thinking of all the external forces that resulted in my morning commute being so abruptly halted--naturally, I couldn't have caused such a disturbance.  The list was pretty impressive: I killed 17 seconds cleaning up a small spilth of milk because of a defective container (thanks, CostCo); burnt another 11 seconds taking care of a spider that, if left unchecked, would have undoubtedly multiplied throughout the day, devouring the house and everyone inside; wasted 7 extra seconds locking the front door (I just don't see the necessity when other people are home and you don't live in the projects...but rules are rules)--the list went on.  After totalling everything up, I figured out that, had I not had to devote all of those precious seconds on menial tasks, I could have easily avoided the missed-window situation entirely.  Which made me even more roadrageous (new word, write it down).

I will say, though...commute-related frustrations, aside...it was pretty cool to look up into the sky this morning and see this:

Happy Friday, everyone :)

No comments:

Post a Comment