Was at the pool today here in sunny (skin-scorchingly-molten-nuclear hot) Arizona when my sis and I decided to get our water volleyball on. Whilst preparing the net, a couple of lil' tykes came over and expressed interest in playing with us. Naturally, being the ex-camp counselors we are, we happily obliged.
It was then that one of the pesky ankle-biters offered that we should play "kids versus parents." It took me a second before I realized that the "parents" to whom he was referring might include ME. Eyebrows arched, I incredulously asked the hairless runt, "Who, here, do you think is a parent??!" This, of course, was a stupid question, and I was promptly informed of my new status. Set on pleading my case, I followed up with, "[Aha, you silly bastard...] but I don't HAVE any kids!" and rested my hands on my hips, basking in the glow that only accompanies intellectually besting a 7-year-old. His response, immediate and assured, was, "Well then you're a childless parent!" and sent me on my way to the other side of the net.
.....
........
"Parents vs. Kids," huh? Whatever otherworldly being that arranged for this interaction to take place but a week after my 30th birthday is just plain cruel.
From one 30 ye old to another .....I'm crying over here in laughter!! And I think "ma'am" is bad! Haha!
ReplyDelete